Here is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It makes cookies that have delightfully crisp edges and soft gooey centers. Cookie perfection. When making these cookies, it is best to pull them from the oven a minute or two before they look completely done which is normally about 2 minutes less than cookie recipes call for.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
yield : 2 dozen
2 cups plus 3 T all purpose flour
3/4 t salt
3/4 t baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/3 c golden brown sugar
1/3 c dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 t [good quality] vanilla extract
10 oz of your favorite chocolate chunks or chips (I love semi-sweet)
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with Pam.
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. Place the butter in the bowl on a electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla.
4. Add half of the flour mixture until just incorporated and then add the rest of it until just combined.
5. Remove from the stand mixer and stir in the chocolate.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, place the dough on your baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie and then bake until the cookies are lightly golden brown on the edges and still soft in the middle, about 11 minutes.
7. Let cookies cool on a baking rack. Move cookies to baking rack with metal spatula. Repeat until all the dough is used up.