This recipe is perfect for this spring/summer season! It would be fabulous for a backyard barbecue or even an afternoon baby shower or al fresco luncheon. It is perfect served at room temperature which makes it even more attractive.
Curried Wheatberry Salad
Wheatberries (or farro)
red grapes (quartered)
roasted marcona almonds (chopped)
celery (chopped fine)
scallions (chopped fine)
sugar snap peas (chopped)
celery leaves (picked from stalks)
sheep's milk feta (crumbled)
Curry Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
1. Cook Wheatberries according to directions on bag, cool, and set aside
2. Make dressing and chill while you are putting salad together.
3. Add all ingredients except for feta and celery leaves to the cooled wheatberries.
4. Toss with curry vinaigrette. Top with celery leaves and crumbled feta.
1 t honey
1 t dijon
1 T curry powder
1/8-1/4 cup white or golden balsamic vinegar
1/3-1/2 cup grapeseed oil
salt and pepper
1. Whisk together honey, mustard, and curry powder.
2. Then add vinegar.
3. Next while whisking continuously, slowly add grapeseed oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.