Cheese & Charcuterie boards (or plates) are the easiest way to entertain. The hard part can be selecting the right combination of items to include. You want to have an array of flavors and textures while at the same time picking things that compliment each other nicely.
1. Prosciutto di Parma
2. Marcona Almonds & Tart Dried Cherries
3. Cypress Grove Bermuda Triangle Goat Cheese
& Fresh Honey Comb
4. Meyer Lemon & Garlic Cured Olives
5. Parmigiano-Reggiano (top)
& Beecher's Cheddar (bottom)
6. Creminelli Tartufo Salami (with black truffles)
7. Farmer's Market Dried Pears & Apricots
& Dalmatia Fig Spread
8. Barely Buzzed Beehive Cheddar
(rubbed with espresso & Lavender)
9. Fra'Mani Soppressata & Honey Dates
10. El Trigal 12 month Manchego (sheep's milk)
11. Cowgirl Creamery Mt Tam (triple cream)
& Glazed Pecans
Here are some other examples of different ways to display everything...
If you are looking for more on how to select your cheeses and how much of each to buy, refer to my "Cheese Platter Perfection" post from April 2010 - lots of useful tidbits!
My favorite part about entertaining like this?
You get to enjoy the evening right along with your guests. Crazy concept, I know.
Cheers to that!