Our garden is booming at work and today we had tons of summer squash to use up. With Memorial Day weekend guests starting to flood the beach, what could be better than welcoming your friends and family into town with a fresh loaf of homemade zucchini bread?
We baked up zucchini bread loaves to offer along with bottles of estate meyer lemonade made with a simple syrup produced from our estate honey. Talk about utilizing your resources!
Makes 2 medium loaves
1-2 large zucchini/green summer squash, grated (2 cups)
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, scraped
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp Mascarpone
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat oven to 350 and spray your loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients (except sugars) in one bowl (flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt)
3. Whisk together eggs, sugars, mascarpone, oil, and vanilla in another bowl.
4. Combine dry and wet until just combined. Stir in 2 cups of grated zucchini.
5. Put into loaf pans and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Rotate about half way through. Let cool. Enjoy!!
Note: For my Gluten-Free Friends out there - you can sub cup-4-cup flour for the AP flour in this recipe.