1 package Rice Paper (banh trang)
Bowl of Warm Water - deep enough to submerge rice paper
2 Carrots, julienned
2 heads little gem lettuce, shaved
4 persian cucumbers, julienned
1 cup sprouts
2 avocado, sliced thin
1/3 cup fresh mint
1/3 cup fresh basil
1 package Firm Tofu
Peanut sauce (recipe below)
1. Prepare Peanut Sauce (recipe below) and let cool.
2. Prep all of your vegetables - slice very thin - and set aside. Pick your fresh herb leaves too. Slice the tofu into matchstick size pieces to match the vegetables.
3. Take the rice paper and submerge in bowl of warm water until softened. Remove and lay flat on surface. Place desired filling in middle of wrap, fold ends over, and roll tight. Cut in half on the bias before serving.
1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
2 oz red curry paste
9 oz crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 T unseasoned rice wine vinegar
1/2 T kosher salt
1/4 t sesame oil
1/2 lime, juiced
Sriracha, to taste (optional)
1. Put all peanut sauce ingredients into a medium saucepan, whisk until combined, and bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.