This stuff is liquid gold.
Drizzle it on brownies or grilled summer peaches or your favorite vanilla bean ice cream.
Sea Salt Caramel
1 cup sugar
6 Tbsp salted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp good sea salt
1. Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir continuously.
2. Sugar will eventually melt into a thick dark amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir it.
3. Once it is totally melted and caramelized to your liking (be careful not to burn it) you can immediately add the butter. It will bubble rapidly but just keep stirring for approx 2-3 minutes.
4. Slowly add the heavy cream. It will also bubble rapidly. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minutes and then remove from heat. Stir in sea salt until melted. Allow to cool.
5. The caramel will store for 3 weeks in your fridge in a jar. Heat up in microwave or on stove top before using.